How weird was this run? Let me count the ways:
1. Less than a mile in, two deer wandered across the path. They were taking their good old time, so I had to wait a while before they crossed over to the highway. It was nice to watch, though!
2. Immediately after this, my armband broke and I had to carry my phone the rest of the way. Yuck!
3. I somehow ran the first mile in 8:40??? That’s my fastest mile ever, but I’m skeptical - I think my GPS messed up when I was by the highway, and that’s where the freaky-fast mile came in.
4. The temperature has shot up from the polar vortex, so all the snow is melting, and I had to turn around several times or pick my way over the slush and melting ice. Still, it was nice to run outside and not be dressed in a thousand layers.
5. This isn’t really weird, exactly, but I like making lists - the freaky shin pain that I had the last time I ran was nowhere to be found. I felt pretty good the whole way through. I was consciously taking it easy because I’m realizing that they’re called “easy runs” for a reason! I shouldn’t push myself to my fastest pace just because it’s “only” three or four miles - that’s a good way to get injured! Gotta respect the mile. :)